echelon V

Sunday, March 27, 2005

How brain dead do YOU want to be today?

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you, flip-flopper extraordinaire and resident turncoat, yours truly.

Simply put, I think SLI is great. It'll give your gaming the kind of boost no overclocking or CPU upgrade (unless you're still running Pentium IIs, in which case I suggest you crawl out from under the rock you've been hiding the past 5 years) can give you. I personally enjoyed it, and still am. Nothing like playing Deus Ex Invisible War with everything turned up at 1280x1024, 4xAA and 16xAF. By comparison, the 9800 had trouble at 1024x768 with no frills.

Is SLI a good investment? I'd have to say, unless you really have nothing better to do with your money, then no, it isn't. I could think of any number of things I could spend the $400 on, and in retrospect, I'd say jumping on the SLI bandwagon was a pretty impulsive decision. So yeah, I'm selling my second 6800 GT.

And I'm thinking I'll get a PSP in the near future, once prices are stable. And I'll probably sell my Muvo 2 while I'm at it too, since the PSP doubles up as an MP3 player. That, and I ordered myself a slim PS2 a couple of days ago. Maybe I'm being all impulsive with the credit card again, but $100 did seem like a pretty damn good deal!

That aside, it's been a pretty dull week. I missed every morning class but calculus on Thursday. And I walked out of that halfway through because, simply put, vector components simply isn't the most interesting topic when you're half brain-dead from being up for 26 hours at a stretch. They ought to call that class 'Calculus 2 for dumbasses who barely passed calculus 1'. Government was a waste too, we ended up watching a 70s movie (The Candidate) which I could just as well have downloaded and watched on here.

Don't even get me started on the farce that is the Schiavo tragedy. I don't care whether you think her feeding tube should be restored or not, the way the whole case is being manipulated for political gain is... well, to be honest, expected. What better way to fire up the far right neo conservative pro life base? Except you're forgetting about everyone else. Then again, your average Bubba is more concerned about how much he pays for gas and whether or not he gets that tax cut than he is about corruption in the government. Oh, and we can't have them homos holding hands either. And those baby killers need to be put to death too while we're at it.

Now Playing: Sasha - Baja

Side note - If you cannot pronounce my name correctly, please, just stick to Sam. It's a lot less painful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home