echelon V

Friday, March 18, 2005

The West Wing is better than your favourite TV Show

It is.

I thought after Game On and Shutdown there was no way this show could top itself, but it did. That last string of season 6 episodes (8 through 18) are just some of the best TV I've seen.

So I spent yesterday with Sarah's cousin Sajid. I'll say this - you don't want to be in any car he's driving if you value your life. No exaggerations here - he was driving with his right hand on his cellphone, left hand alternating between steering wheel and gearshifting, leg doing the steering half the time, all while driving at 100 mph (that's 160 km/h to you people across the Atlantic), weaving through traffic on a VERY busy I-45 in a turbocharged Audi S4. Yes, I'm still in one piece.

We watched Office Space for the 3rd time and ended up going to Walmart at 1 am. And today I had lunch at this Japanese restaurant. The food was actually pretty good. The embarrassing part was that they only provided chopsticks - and all 6 other people on the table had no trouble using them. I like my forks damnit.

Oh, and while we're on the subject of TV shows, I have to admit the latter half of SG-1 season 8 did disappoint me a bit. Don't get me wrong - Reckoning, Threads and especially Moebius were just great. But I really thought they had something going with the whole Trust conspiracy which they effectively killed off - rather tamely too. And what about all the political stuff that finished off season 7? I was hoping for more focus on that - and I was hoping Woolsey was going to make a comeback. Still, it's not bad at all.

Atlantis so far is great. I only watched as far as the 13th episode and I'm really liking it. The characters don't yet have the appeal of SG-1 (you really can't match the Danial and Jack dynamic there) - with the exception of McKay maybe - but on the whole it's looking up.

Tonight I'll probably watch some Enterprise, and maybe some 24 season 4 (which I hear is really good).

Now I think I'll go make myself some Ramen noodles.

Now Playing: Green Day - Boulevard of Broken Dreams

(Someone save me. Please.)


1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home