echelon V

Thursday, March 03, 2005

Midterm Report

It's a bit past 4.30 am. I'm not sleepy and I'll probably end up missing calculus in the morning. Seeing as how I have nothing better to do... the blog it is. (It's always the blog when I have 'nothing better to do')

Ladies and... the rest of you, I present to you, the Midterm Report.

Classes

Classes are a bit of a mixed bag so far. I'd say my easiest A this semester is going to be Government 310L (US Government 1) - though that might change with Calculus, more on that later. The class is easy... though the others I know in class seem to disagree. Hey, it's not my fault if I knew the names of the Speaker of the House, House Majority Leader, House Minority Leader, House Republican Whip, House Democratic Whip, Senate Majority Leader, Senate Minority Leader, Senate Republican Whip, Senate Democratic Whip, the only Independents in the House and Senate, and all nine Supreme Court Justices beforehand - and you had to learn those. Lazy bastards. And NO - Tom Daschle is NOT a Senator. A 91 on the first midterm, 110s on all but one quiz, a multiple choice/definition type test format and class material I seem to know beforehand - I'll kick myself if I don't make an A in this.

I though getting an A in Math 408D (Calculus 2 - Sequences, Series and Multivariable) was going to be harder - especially given all the scary stories about infinite series. I missed over 60% of lectures and discussions, didn't do a single homework, didn't practice even one problem (well, except that one improper integral - but that was easy) and prepared for the midterm by going over the whole chapter in about 25 minutes. A 90 on the test was... let's just say more than I expected. I think I already said that. So yeah, I think I'm headed for an A in this too.

Philosophy 304 (Contemporary Moral Problems) is one class I was expecting to make an easy A in. It's not going to be that easy apparently. Krecz is a great lecturer, but he jumps around a lot (not literally) and notes are a bit difficult to take - especially since he can be very vague at times. I got an 85 on the first test because I didn't quite know what was expected (honestly I thought I'd do better) in terms of framing the argument. I'll be paying the TA a visit tomorrow though and sorting that out so there are no more 'misunderstandings' and problems with semantics on the second test. I still think I should make an A in this class. And if I do, that'll mean I won't have to overwork myself in...

History 315K (US History 1). Where the hell do I start. Now Eastman is a great lecturer. She's organized, notes are easy to take and the lectures themselves are interesting. It's the reading. The reading sucks. And I do mean sucks. Really sucks. It's usually a hundred pages a week, and on top of that you have to prepare answers for specific questions for the discussion sections. Here's an example of a reading from a few weeks ago. That one was actually on the test. Speaking of the test, I have no idea how well or bad I did. She does give a review sheet with 6 questions, of which two will be on the test, so you pretty much know what's coming - but the amount of researching required for those questions is just insane. If it weren't for that study group we'd be in F hell right now. If I can make an A in Philosophy, I can easily get away with a B in this. But I'm not taking any chances. Transfer to business depends on maintaining a 3.8+ or in the very least a 3.7.


Everything Else (Yes, my categories of Classes and Everything Else pretty much fit)

I think 'everything else' is pretty much covered in the posts below, but I'll sum it up here anyway. The apartment is pretty much finalized - we're going with the 2 bedroom/2 bath apartments at Duval Villa. I'm apparently a bit nerdy, but not as nerdy as Dan or Sanju. Reuben was just being himself on MSN but forgot about the fact that Chris and I have blogs. Staying up late made me a bit delerious once. I almost stabbled Elizabeth Ashbridge in the back with a pitchfork. I went down to Houston and found out that there's actually someone who sleeps more than I do. A whole number of blogs have popped up out of the blue - some coherent, some... well lets just say they're not quite there yet. I got four people addicted to 24. I myself got addicted to SNL Celebrity Jeopardy. I can now write an effective rebuttal to the Pope's argument against abortion. I saw some titties, but had to part with some beads. I sold some hardware and made some money. I used the money to build an insanely-expensive-and-better-than-yours-computer. I got addicted to Iron Maiden. I stayed addicted to U2. I got stuffed with food on my birthday. I am now managing 3 independent sovereign countries. I will now stop going over all my old posts.

There's a whole lot of 'everything else' that I just couldn't be bothered to blog. Even though I have nothing better to do.


Now Playing: U2 - Ultra Violet

2 Comments:

  • hold it... you went to mardi gras?
    wow.. not bad for you ;)

    boobies vs beads.. well... its not that hard a choice is it?

    and i like that words... "stabbled"... its got a nice vicious feel of stabbing someone and then hitting a bone or sumthin...

    wow.

    keep it up.
    im gonna be using that word now sam... sorry :)

    ~Om3n

    By Blogger Hellspawn~ The Ωmen, at 6:42 AM  

  • *WORD... not words.... dammit.. typo

    By Blogger Hellspawn~ The Ωmen, at 6:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home