echelon V

Friday, August 12, 2005

Big Machine

Back to regular programming. I guess most people reading these posts aren't very political, but there are a few things I feel very strongly about.

Anyhow, summer classes are almost over with finals tomorrow, and on Monday I fly back to Houston for a week. I'm actually looking forward to the fall. Business classes, moving to the apartment, slacker Tuesdays/Thursdays and the rest of the lot. Things here couldn't be any more routine right now though. My roommate is in San Antonio for the weekend so I get the room all to myself (hello loud music!).

In the past couple of weeks I've actually been floating the idea of transferring to another school. Right now I've got UC Berkeley, Penn and NYU on the shortlist. Don't get me wrong, I love UT. And now that I'm in the business school here, I'm getting pretty much the best the place has to offer. I just think that if I can get into a better school - and if my GPA holds, I know I can - why the hell not? This is all for junior year though, a whole year from now. Like I said, it's not something I'm seriously considering but I might in the future.

Did I mention USPS lost my 7800 GTX in the mail? It wasn't even insured or being tracked so nobody knows where the hell it is. That, and my cousin didn't put a return address on it so it's not going back either. It's been over 3 weeks now so there's not much hope. So much for that $500. On the bright side, I got a new cellphone - the Motorola Razr. Anyone interested in a used Nokia 7610?

Now Playing: Velvet Revolver - Big Machine

6 Comments:

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:29 AM  

  • Sorry about the 7800GTX:(.

    What are you going to use for a replacement?

    By Blogger h3lios, at 12:24 PM  

  • Back to blogging after a few days hiatus.

    Bad luck on the 7800, mate. Are you going for a new one?

    Glad to see that you've switched to Velvet Revolvrer ;).

    And nice quote from Ike, btw. I've always considered him one of the better US presidents.

    By Blogger Sabre Slayer, at 11:45 AM  

  • Well I spotted a good deal on the Dell site, so I snagged it before it ran out. The second 7800's sitting in Houston right now.

    Velvet Revolver are alright. I like a few of their songs. They're no GNR though. ;)

    And yeah, Ike was definitely one of the better presidents. Republicans at the time were a lot more respectable than the partisan hacks in charge right now.

    By Blogger Sam, at 4:37 PM  

  • "And yeah, Ike was definitely one of the better presidents. Republicans at the time were a lot more respectable than the partisan hacks in charge right now."

    ^'nuff said.

    d00d,a second 7800?!?We must have FEAR and DX : IW (unpatched version) performance results.

    Btw what about the x2?

    By Blogger h3lios, at 10:33 PM  

  • The second 7800 pretty much means I won't be getting anymore upgrades for a few months at the very least - not even the new speakers I was planning on getting.

    I wasn't planning on selling my 7610 either but after this I'm going to have to cut my losses. I figured, instead of downgrading to a weaker video card I might as well shell out for the 7800 (especially since I got a good deal) and live with it.

    By Blogger Sam, at 10:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home