echelon V

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Talk to your mom lately?

I was up late yesterday, just like the rest of the weekend - which was good, by the way. Dan came down from Louisiana and we had dinner at Papasito's (how on earth do you spell it?) along with Elliot and Corey. I also took advantage of the fact that he had a car, and got some stuff I was missing from the storage place. I actually have a usable comforter now...

Like I was saying though, I was up late yesterday... and I got a call from my mom at 2 am. We talked for about 25 minutes. Personally, I don't know how they keep up with the telephone bills at this rate. Telephone calls halfway around the world certainly aren't cheap. Anyhow, we talked about the usual - college, classes, whether I've been doing my laundry or if I've been secretly sleeping with random freshmen girls - so maybe she didn't actually say it but you just know she was hinting at it.

What's interesting (and perhaps ironic) though is that after a year of living on the other side of the Atlantic as my parents, I seem to have a much better relationship with them. We're a lot more open, frank and honest with each other than before - and no shouting matches! It's not the kind of thing I think about usually but that conversation reminded me that I do owe them a lot for any number of things, not the least of which is the fact that they're paying me through college.

There's no point to this really, I just thought I'd mention it because it's something I've been thinking about lately. So this blog post is officially dedicated to mom and dad - even though chances of them reading it are minimal. (And let's keep it that way, shall we?)

Now Playing: Iron Maiden - Dance of Death

6 Comments:

  • awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    :P

    By Blogger Aeris, at 6:54 AM  

  • Has all that GnR made you soft in your old age? ;)

    By Blogger Sabre Slayer, at 2:04 AM  

  • wow.

    Sam has a heart...

    and a consience too:P.

    *ends wannabe sarcasm*


    Great post.

    Now how many random freshmen have you been sleeping with:P?

    By Blogger h3lios, at 3:42 AM  

  • now that was just the question I was dying to ask....

    By Blogger Anuya, at 9:25 AM  

  • If there were any freshmen girls involved , we would've seen a huge inaugural blog post wouldn't we ;)?

    By Blogger Dayaan Swiftheart W, at 1:48 PM  

  • No, you would have seen the total disappearance of me from the blog altogether. ;)

    By Blogger Sam, at 1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home