echelon V

Friday, July 29, 2005

The Enemy

It's called sleep, and it almost made me miss my microeconomics midterm.


8:50 am - My cellphone alarm (which never fails to wake me up) goes off, and instead of hitting Snooze I accidentally hit Stop, without knowing it.

10:00 am - Economics midterm beings, and I'm still in bed.

10:15 am - My roommate Mark gets back from his morning class, and sees me asleep and says "What are you still doing in bed? Don't you have a midterm?" I look at my watch, jump out of bed, change into the previous day's dirty gym clothes that were still in the bathroom, and start sprinting towards Waggener.

10:20 am - After running uphill from San Jac to Waggener and a flight of stairs, I make to class 20 minutes late.


I did complete that test on time, just about. Being able to do graphs, line equations and slopes about 5 times faster than anyone else helped with that. That midterm counted for 25% of the overall grade. I'm just wondering what would have happened if my roommate hadn't come back from his morning class (he usually doesn't)....

Now Playing: Guns N' Roses - November Rain

7 Comments:

  • san jac to waggner in 5 mins? I find your lack of speed...disturbing

    By Blogger chutneykid, at 8:03 PM  

  • So why did Mark decide to come early?

    Hope you treated him:p

    And next time,sleep early.

    By Blogger schumy, at 1:19 AM  

  • Have you ever caught those shows on TV about guardian angels ?

    By Blogger Dayaan Swiftheart W, at 2:04 AM  

  • random freshman chicks do that to you sometimes.....
    among other things ;)
    and please remember to thank ur lucky stars.

    By Blogger Anuya, at 9:40 AM  

  • " random freshman chicks do that to you sometimes....."-medusaaah

    ^'nuff said.

    Sleep early or just don't sleep at all.

    Caffeine is your friend.

    What were you doing anyway,sleeping late(that is,if you did sleep late)?

    OD'ing on Wipeout or UT2k4 or a freshman chick:P?

    Don't kill me,i know you want to:P

    By Blogger h3lios, at 6:31 AM  

  • I was up studying for the very economics midterm I almost missed, lol.

    Caffeine works though. I'm thinking it was the Mountain Dew God of Caffeine that saved my ass that morning.

    Freshmen girls just love caffeinated guys. ;)

    By Blogger Sam, at 8:06 PM  

  • yeah,i should know;)

    By Blogger h3lios, at 12:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home