echelon V

Friday, August 19, 2005

And god created laziness, and saw that it was good

I think I've been setting world records for least amount of time spent doing anything productive. Or anything at all really. My schedule's been pretty screwed ever since I got to Houston. But I don't really care. I did, after all, make A's in both my summer classes. *cue fanfare*

It's been pretty relaxed though. I wake up just about when everyone gets back from work and school, and spend the rest of the day doing exactly what I had been doing before I woke up. In fact, I think the only person lazier than me isn't a person at all. Muddy would say hi but he's asleep. Maybe I'll post pictures of him on here later.

But really, that's all I have to write about tonight. These filler 'what I did this week' posts bore the hell out of me, and anyone who reads this I'm sure. But I guess I don't have anything else to write about. I do occasionally blog politics (and enjoy it mind you - there's nothing more satisfying than tearing down strawman right-wing arguments) but I'm sure you all don't give a rats ass about what I think about Vietnam.

Which brings me to why I even started this blog in the first place, and I guess the simple answer is: nobody knows, least of all me. Why does anyone run a blog/online journal anyhow? A quick look to the blogroll on the right doesn't help. Proc-Inc was supposed to be a sort of a message board type blog, but I guess it's just about dead. 'twilight chronicles' seems to have no purpose whatsoever, other than to redefine incoherence and take it to new heights and is a prime example of a 'what I did today' blog. As is Dan's blog. Jen's blog is pretty random. 'Om3n' hasn't updated his in eons. He and Aeris both seem to find random (but radically different) things to rant and blog about. Mrinal's may be the only blog with a point - spreading right wing propaganda can be fun I guess. As for Dayaan's blog... I'll get back to you when I figure it out. Chris of Katratzi (hmm...) enjoys posting song lyrics and oversized images, while the other Chris' blog has been sleeping off late (incredibly bad pun very much intended).

What I'm getting to is, I really don't know what the point of this blog is. It probably had one when I started it but it doesn't now. I never even expected there would be people apart from me actually reading it. At least I haven't spawned a community of monotonic rank and file broodlings like Rishi's blog... yet.

So I think I'm going to be taking things in a different direction. And that means what exactly? Go figure, I don't know yet.

Now Playing: Guns N' Roses - Civil War

2 Comments:

  • randomness is good
    join us

    be one of us

    and control the "moronic ranks" (switches to Yuri RA2 voice)...mind ,body and even if you like,soul.

    (end Yuri voice,back to delusional old rishi...)
    Who your daddy?

    By Blogger h3lios, at 5:17 AM  

  • Figure my blog out?

    Why thats impossible.

    It accounts for blogspots entire quota of randomness :D

    By Blogger Dayaan Swiftheart W, at 1:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home