echelon V

Friday, August 26, 2005

Mr. Shit, allow me to introduce you to Mr. Fan

I never liked cellphone services here in the US, but never complained much. T-Mobile is actually pretty good and is the only service I'd use here, but it looks like I'm going to have to swallow the Cingular pill pretty soon. At least if this keeps up.

The way I figure it, there are two cellphone towers that cover this area. One has a pretty strong signal (let's call this tower 1), and the other has a relatively weak signal (tower 2). Now both my cellphones seem to register on tower 1 more often than not. And that's a problem.

See, whenever I get reception from tower 1, I can't make calls. I can't receive calls. I can't send messages, and I can't receive them. The oddest thing though, is that GPRS works so I can browse the net on my phone (or at least the few sites T-Mobile lets you visit unless you subscribe to the full internet package thing) and send MMS messages. But that's besides the point. The real problem is that whenever I'm on this tower, if anyone tries to call me they get a busy signal. They don't even get redirected to voicemail which is what should happen if I'm out of reach. So the only solution now is that I leave my phone switched off while I'm here, and set it to call forward to Dan's cellphone.

Obviously this is a problem, since I'm going to be living here and all. If this keeps up for the next few days, I'm going to have to switch. Sprint, Verizon, Nextel and the like are out of the question because I can't stand CDMA/TDMA. And Cingular is the only other GSM provider here.

The odd thing though is that if my phone does pick up the signal from tower 2, then it works just fine. But that doesn't happen often and if it does it only lasts seconds.

So I'm pretty much screwed. For the time being at least.

All that aside, as you can probably tell I've moved into the apartment I'll be staying at for the next year. Though I'm still living with Dan (who stays in the same apartment complex) since my place is a mess. I'll sort that out tomorrow when my furniture gets there. And T-Mobile had better fix their shit. I need my damn cellphone working.

Now Playing: Guns N' Roses - Estranged

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home