echelon V

Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Technobabble?

I was about to give up the idea of an SLI system, or put it off for a few months at least. A visit to the Hard forums changed that though. I managed to get an A8N-SLI for $184 shipped off 'Axent Micro' - the last one they had apparently. Not only that, a Winchester (90 nm) Athlon 64 3500+ off Monarch Computer for... $251! For comparison, the same thing costs over $340 at Newegg and well over $300 at most other sites. I just hope nothing goes wrong with either of the orders. With any luck I should have an Athlon 64 3500+ and an A8N-SLI waiting for me in the mail when I get back to Austin.

I also placed an order for a BFG GeForce 6800 GT PCI-E on Chumbo. Those are backordered but I figured I might as well queue up. It's the only place that has them at $400 too. You get to pay through the nose pretty much everywhere else... for OEM cards. The 300 GB Maxtor will have to wait though, now that I've spent all the money I made and more. Really need to sell the 6800 GT and A8V...

Not much else today though. I spent most of my time online (after waking up at 2 pm) talking to random and not-so-random people. And I played some squash too... there's a game that really kills your stamina.

Oh, and the payment deadline for UT registration is coming up. Hopefully a few spots will open up in the calculus 2 sections I want. The one I've got right now really messes up my schedule. It's a good thing I have an early add-drop period.


Iron Maiden - Can I Play With Madness

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home