echelon V

Monday, January 03, 2005

No more fix

So I just cancelled my PlanetSide subscription. Maybe taking a 3 month subscription was a waste since I only used about a month and a half. Blah. That's about $15 down the drain.

I know that some day I WILL reach BR 20 and CR 5... but it's not anytime soon. Oh well. Unless of course someone can convince me to start playing since the only reason I played in the first place was one of my friends played it. Right now we're not exactly on the best of terms (he's a bit more neurotic than I imagined but that's all right, I'm hoping to get it sorted out). Besides, my next semester course load is going to be higher so I don't think spending $13 a month on an MMO I won't even spend much time on is justified.

Besides, I'll have a whole bunch of 'other stuff' to do.

That, and I need money for that SLI system. /grin

Speaking of SLI, what the hell is up with the availability (or should I say lack of) of PCI Express GeForce 6800 GTs? That and all the overpriced SLI motherboards on the market. $270 for an A8N-SLI? Give me a break. And that's on Newegg. The MSRP of $200 is high enough as it is. Guess I'll just end up waiting a month or two longer than I expected. In the meantime I need to be able to sell this A8V and 6800 GT AGP, and quick.

I also paid a visit to my old high school today. It's really funny how teachers you hated and were convinced hated you act all nice when you go see them after you graduate. Who knows, they may not be all that evil. At least a few of them. Maybe. Possibly?

I still think ISC is one hell of a substandard high school system with a syllabus that overburdens its students and ends up assessing only a few skills - the most prominent being memory recall of text book material. I really wouldn't recommend it to anyone in their right mind. Send your kids to IB or A-levels or something.

With that said, I'll head down to the gym.


Now Playing: Iron Maiden - The Angel And The Gambler

Side Note: I thought the album Virtual XI in general and this song in particular were very underrated. Blaze Bayley is no Bruce Dickinson, but he holds his own and this song is up there with the best.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home