echelon V

Sunday, January 22, 2006

Pony?

Pretty interesting first week so far. I actually like all my classes. Well, there is Managerial Accounting but I'm not already beginning to hate it like I did with Financial Accounting at the start. Management seems a lot more interesting too so it's staying on my schedule. And Business Comm just seems really fun so far, especially since there are a bunch of people I know in that class. Marketing seems the most straightforward - no assignments, no papers, no homework, just 4 in class tests. And stupid physics is stupid physics.

So we went to County Line earlier tonight. Well technically last night. That was really good too, except the ride there and back (Sanju and I got to bond with each other a little too intimately... you really can't have two people riding shotgun) and the fact that we had to wait a while. Oh, and among all of us we stole like 30 packs of the honey butter. That's the best stuff ever. You're not getting mine. There was some twister much later too. Anything I say won't do it justice - but the pictures on my cellphone will.

Oh, I forgot to mention this. My bag got searched again by the TSA like it did last December. What were they expecting to find? My after shave moisturizer (yes, I use this stuff, it's fucking awesome) from Next? That was pretty much the only non-clothing item in that bag. Back in the day there used to be such a thing as the Fourth Amendment. Haha, that's funny. Stupid idealists, caring about their "Bill of Rights" and all. (That was sarcasm for the humor impaired)

You know, I really don't care for the 'hot button issues' as they call them here. Seriously. Abortion, gay marriage, and everything else that goes with it. What I do care about is the broader principle behind those issues. Roe v. Wade dies, and so does the basis for it. Does anyone have any idea how many non-abortion related cases have been decided by the SCOTUS using RvW as a precedent?

No, what really pisses me off is the systematic dismantling of any kind of oversight by the Bush Administration. Something is seriously wrong when the executive chooses to reinterpret "Torture is illegal" as "Torture is illegal only when we choose it to be", and somehow there's nothing wrong with it. Or extending recess appointments by a while year based on a single, constitutionally required technicality that Congress meet in session for a few minutes. If that doesn't make sense, all you need to know is that it's something no other president ever did before. Let's not even get started on the whole wiretapping thing. Nixon was almost impeached and convicted for spying on a few DNC guys at Watergate. Bush's NSA spies on millions of people illegally and it's all good - and get this - because Nixon did it. Seriously. That's talk radio for you.

A nation of sheep.

I think I'm done. That whole rant reminded me of something I was talking about with Pace in Dubai, and it's something I want to post on later.

Now Playing: Goo Goo Dolls - Smash

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home