echelon V

Friday, January 06, 2006

'Impressive!'

I must say it's been an interesting trip so far. So where to start....

I went ATVing in the desert near Hatta about a week ago. That was most enjoyable. The barbecue on new year's eve was fun too. I have to hand it to them, the new Za'abeel park is pretty awesome. And coming from me, that's really saying something.

I'm never going to City Center again though. It has to be the most crowded mall ever. On the other hand, I do need to check out the Mall of the Emirates sometime.

What am I missing... ah yes, hung out with old chaps from high school who I haven't met in a good year the other day, including Ayman, Andrew and Omar. We got sheesha too (and that's what it's called damnit, not hookah) - real sheesha is so much better than the stuff in Austin. Though I've decided I'm not going to smoke anything for a good month at least, and even after that it's going to be in very small quantities if at all. Same for alcohol. (good luck getting me drunk next semester, you know who you are)

Ah, and Pace and I drove all the way to Hard Rock Cafe last night, (5th freaking interchange) only to find that the band wasn't playing, and I think we all know why that was the case. *hits self on the head

I've been driving a lot too. Gonna have a hard time getting used to not having a car once I get back. But anyhow, on the way back from Hard Rock I actually saw someone get flashed by a speed camera on a very dark and deserted beach road. Very bright flash too. I didn't even know it was an extension of beach road at the time, so I'm glad I had advance warning of that camera, or it could have been me next. (If you're wondering what I'm on about, beach road is the one road in Dubai where you get flashed for speeding even if you're doing 81 - and the speed limit is 80 km/hr. Just about all the other streets with speed cameras have at least a 5 to 10 km/hr tolerance over the speed limit)

So we went over to get sheesha again, and that was when Pace and I had a rather interesting (and dare I say enlightening) discussion about, yeah you guessed it, politics.

Capped the night with some Q3A for old times' sake. Yeah, still the railgun whore.

Now Playing: Foo Fighters - Everlong

1 Comments:

  • So we went over to get sheesha again, and that was when Pace and I had a rather interesting (and dare I say enlightening) discussion about, yeah you guessed it, politics. - Sam

    Extremely enlightening old chum. It felt good to expand from my narrow PoV into the broader socio-political situation.

    By Blogger Sabre Slayer, at 1:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home