echelon V

Thursday, December 22, 2005

Semester Closing

I should be packing, or otherwise preparing for my flight back home tomorrow but I just can't be bothered to right now. I just spent the past couple of hours deciding what I want to take thanks to the new restrictions on travel allowance on international flights to and from the US. Oh, and Emily and Puneet got progressively more, um, comfortable on the love seat while I was busy with my laundry and what not. And on top of that, they decided to watch Friends DVDs - one show I really don't care much for - a sure fire way to get rid of me. Almost makes you wonder what's going on. If I weren't busy with this whole packing thing the whole time, I'd probably feel left out.

Left out? A year ago I'd just spend some time with myself and that would be that (and no, that's not what I'm talking about you dirty perverts). There was no 'left out' because there was no 'left in' in the first place. Now, more often than not I'm finding myself around people. It's... disconcerting. (Hey Melissa!)

Nah, I kid. It's been a good semester on the whole. I know I enjoyed it. Between all the studying, the all nighters, the times when everyone but I got drunk, the games of Smash Bros, getting to know all the people I did this semester (and that doesn't only go for the people here at UT), the apartment life where you actually have responsibilities, it was fun.

I'm looking forward to going back. I land in Dubai at about 10.30 pm local time, December 23. Expect to be called. I'm STILL not sure whether or not I'm going to Bombay at all, though I'll be posting for once I know for sure. Screw the jetlag, we should definitely do something on the 24th. Clear your schedules. I mean it.

So the semester is done. Fourth 4.0 in a row - it was looking pretty close there for a little bit, what with MIS and Accounting. But now that pretty much everything's done with, this semester's special mentions go out to...

Nikhil for being a good sport and doing the dishes every damn time.

Sanju for coming over and pretty much living here the entire semester, giving us very bored people some company.

Aeris for keeping me company on MSN all those late nights. We're still on for May I hope.

Pace for getting online less times than half the number of fingers on my hand this whole semester. You'll be the first to hear from me when I get back! (And no, just because you got a mention doesn't mean it's a good thing.)

(Edit: How could I forget, Puns the cooking beast for all the chicken. Now go learn some 30 minute meals.)

And last, but definitely not the least:

Dan, Melissa and Emily for chauffering me around. I really, really appreciate it.

That'll be all for now. I'll see you on the other side.

Now Playing: Green Day - Jesus of Suburbia

8 Comments:

  • Aeris for keeping me company on MSN all those late nights. We're still on for May I hope.

    of course we are! you'd better not ditch me though.. lol

    and you DO know my real name dont you? :p

    By Blogger Aeris, at 3:01 AM  

  • "and you DO know my real name dont you?"-Aeris

    yeah he does,after all you're still on for May:P

    *runs*

    By Blogger h3lios, at 4:28 AM  

  • Well, I do know multiple people with the same name so it makes it easier. ;)

    By Blogger Sam, at 8:03 AM  

  • Pace for getting online less times than half the number of fingers on my hand this whole semester. You'll be the first to hear from me when I get back! (And no, just because you got a mention doesn't mean it's a good thing.)

    Actually Sam, you know what they say - any publicity is good publicity ;).

    By Blogger Sabre Slayer, at 9:57 AM  

  • "*runs*"

    awww...whats there to run about it? :P

    *whacks unsuspecting h3lios with a frying pan*

    By Blogger Aeris, at 10:55 PM  

  • Greetings from the Philippines! Since I'm not going back to sand town this break, bring me back a shawerma!

    By Blogger Chris, at 12:33 AM  

  • I want a shawerma too. That's one thing I don't know how to cook. Gimme my shawerma. Tasty Bite Goddamit.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:32 PM  

  • We Dubai folk are now in custody of The Sam :D

    By Blogger Dayaan Swiftheart W, at 3:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home