echelon V

Monday, December 26, 2005

Greetings from sandtown

I am so jetlagged that I landed on the 23rd night and the next thing I know it's Christmas day. Paris CDG has to be one of the crappiest airports ever. I think I even like IAH Houston better.

So Dubai is hot. Too hot. What's up with ~28C during the day this time of the year? I know it was a LOT colder this time around last year. Since I haven't really done anything since I got here and I have nothing more to write, I'll leave with this 'meme of four' thing I've been seeing on a lot of other blogs....


Four jobs you've had in your lifetime: Part time tech consultant, summer intern who did reports and other odd jobs, video game promotion, and with any luck I'll be grading math classes next semester

Four movies you could watch over and over: Not a big movie person but Thirteen Days, Minority Report, Memento and The Shawshank Redemption come to mind

Four places you've lived: Bombay (India), Sharjah (UAE), Dubai (UAE), Austin (and I guess you could put Houston down there too) in that order

Four TV shows you love to watch: The West Wing, The Daily Show, 24, Seinfeld

Four places you've been on vacation: Where to begin.... Australia, New Zealand, Kenya, Bahrain - not an exhaustive list by any means

Four websites you visit daily: NYTimes, Daily Kos, Penny Arcade, Altercation (on msnbc.com)

Four of your favourite foods: Barbecued anything, some very specific types of Penne, cake/cheesecake (this is food as far as I'm concerned), steak

Four places you'd rather be: Dubai fits the bill nicely for now, but if I really had to choose... Seattle, Queenstown (NZ), a U2 concert just about anywhere (what, you didn't think I'd finish this without mentioning them at least once did you?), the south pole (because that's the only continent I haven't been to yet)

Now Playing: Coldplay - Amsterdam

2 Comments:

  • ah...a mumbaikar...when and where

    By Blogger citizensavage, at 11:16 AM  

  • A long time ago. I lived in Juhu (and still have extended family living there), went to Jamnabai Narsee School for a little bit before moving to Dubai.

    I've gotta say though, I'm not a big fan of the city anymore.

    By Blogger Sam, at 6:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home