echelon V

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

34 hour long birthday

Longest I've had yet. Not the most fun when you spend almost 30 of those hours flying across two continents. But that wasn't the worst part. Try an hour long delayed flight, grounded for another almost 3 hours thanks to incredibly bad weather - for what was supposed to be only 25 minutes in the air from Houston to Austin.

I guess the one silver lining on that dark, rain-filled cloud was that there was cake as soon as I got back home. Good cake too! (I'm finishing it off right now)

Classes so far seem good. I'm actually looking forward to Business Communication this semester if the first class was anything to go by. On the other hand I'm still trying to decide whether to keep Management on my schedule.

That's all for the 'what I did today'. Before I go, I have to say that I really enjoyed my break in Dubai. It was fun - the hanging out, squash, ATVing, Abu Dhabi, barbecue on New Year's Day, all the sheesha, driving all the way to Hard Rock only to find the band wasn't playing, visiting the old alma mater (and watching the kids suffer and being glad I wasn't one of them anymore), that one game of Quake, speeding down Sheikh Zayed and being scared to death on seeing a radar flash, and anything else I'm missing. Looking forward to all (well, not necessarily all) of it in the summer, schedule permitting.

Now Playing: U2 - Miracle Drug

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home