echelon V

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Registration woes

Don't you just love waking up at 7.55 am, hitting refresh repeatedly at a rate of 120 times a minute (minimum necessary to get decent classes) following which you frantically enter unique ID numbers into little text boxes, only to be taunted by the omnipresent "ADD unsuccessful because that section is full", after which you end up registering for second rate sections with third rate professors with horrible grade histories and ending up with a schedule that has you waking up at 8 am in the morning for classes that last all through the day to 5.30 pm?

Oh, and that's not all. Here's another Registration Crime Against Humankind - waitlists. The bane of all 'class snipers'. And it's no help when your registration period is the LAST of the lot (thank you freshman registration!). The worst part is, I'm only 5 hours short of sophomore standing, not including the hours I'll get from the spring semester.

Well, maybe it wasn't that bad this semester, since I'll only be able to register for business classes in the summer anyway (if I get in, which just got a lot harder). My 'dummy' class schedule so far, which is going to look a lot different once I'm done with add/drops....

Summer (second session):
GOV S312L - Government 2
ECO S304K - Microeconomics, waitlisted

Fall:
CS 315
PHL 313K (logic) - Both these classes are there just to make sure I don't fall under 12 hours. Even if I don't make it to business, I doubt I'll continue with CS.
PHY 309K - Stupid physics! Which will stay on my schedule if I make it to business
CH 301 - Chemistry 1, though I'll drop this later
ECO 304K (microeconomics) - I'll drop this for macro if I get micro in the summer

Fun schedule. Wait till you see the class timings.

Now Playing: Iron Maiden - Brave New World (Rock in Rio, Live)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home