echelon V

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Opportunistic bastards

This one hits pretty close to home.

Is no one capable of independent thought? Am I the only one who isn't outraged by this?

Call me biased because I've spent most of my life living in the UAE, and most of that time in Dubai, but all a sudden you have a media that equates it to a terrorist state - no, let me rephrase that - a media that equates all Arab states to terrorist states, and automatically implies that the UAE is somehow a terrorist state. And no, it's not just the media, it's the so called liberals.

I can accept it when you have concerns about a foreign government controlling operations (and that's all it is - operations - CBP, the FBI and I'm sure a number of other American agencies will have a presence there), you might as well be fair about it. The Chinese government in some form already controls operations at some ports, I believe on the west coast but I could be wrong, so where's the outrage over that?

It's pretty to cherry pick your facts and portray any country as a terrorist state. Here is a 'UAE concern' from Lou Dobbs... 'Does not recognize Israel'. Wow. Seriously, and I mean this in the lease offensive way possible, but sometimes Americans are just stupid. Israel isn't exactly well liked in the middle east. The UAE has every reason to not recognize it. How on earth does that have any bearing on the issue at hand?

It doesn't. It's just a play to create preconceived notions - set up a schema if you will - that eventually results in public opinion being biased against what is likely the most liberal country in the entire Arab world.

There are so many more important issues at hand. How is extraordinary rendition any less important than this? What about the NSA wiretaps (which by the way, your elected representatives in Congress are thinking about LEGALIZING)?

The attention span of a fly.

Now Playing: U2 - Gone

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home