echelon V

Saturday, August 26, 2006

24 Hours

And I'm out of here, ending what's quite possibly been the laziest summer vacation ever taken.

Not that I've really accomplished much this week. I did add a new (admittedly serious) scratch on the fender of my dad's Lexus. What the hell, we were planning to sell it anyway. I probably neglected to mention that I had scratched it once already the first week of work - but that wasn't my fault. Blame Emirates Towers for not having adequate parking (seemingly a terminal problem in Dubai) which leaves people no option but to double park... and scratch my car in the process.

In other car related news, Pace, my brother, and I went karting. Incredibly fun (and expensive). And the other day I drove Pace's old 1988 BMW 3-series. I've said it before and I'll say it again, it's probably the only time I've ever had a car completely floored, and still been overtaken and flashed at for going too slow. Quite the experience, as I'm sure he'll attest to.

On the other hand, driving his 530 was an entirely different experience. Don't get me wrong, while I do get a huge kick out of driving old cars with broken power steering systems and zero torque in lower gears, there is something to be said for the 530. All those flashing lights... you feel like you're driving a damn jet. Might as well take off with the kind of acceleration you get when the thing's floored. Give me the money and I'll buy one.

Well actually no, I'd use it as down payment on a Cayman S. That would be the 2006 Porsche Cayman S. And I had the chance to test drive one today. Let's just say that this baby would easily leave the 530 in the dust (sorry Pace). In fairness, it would do the same to my Accord and well, just about every other car I've had the chance to drive so far. Now I just need to convince my dad to buy the thing.

On top of the December to-do list: Test drive a Ferrari.


Now Playing: Iron Maiden - Number of The Beast

On a side note, I read the FDA just approved Plan B. Just thought I'd mention that. Good to know. Very good.

3 Comments:

  • "On a side note, I read the FDA just approved Plan B. Just thought I'd mention that. Good to know. Very good."


    i wonder why (a)?

    By Blogger h3lios, at 5:20 PM  

  • el samuel...we have some serious catching up to do...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:14 AM  

  • i want to go karting too! :(

    By Blogger Aeris, at 11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home